Friday, February 4, 2011

Trying to Keep Busy Without Daddy!





Life without Riley is hardly bearable. But we try to keep busy to make the time go by. We're so grateful to be living with Grandma and Grandpa Spjute. Not a day goes by that Grandpa is home that I find Emmy with a treat in her hands. One of these day I hope Emmy decides she wants to sleep again. This week she's been up on average 3 hours a night. Oh, joy. Riley finished basic yesterday! He will be heading to Texas in a week for his training as a trama field medic. He said it is a mandatory work out in the morning and the rest of the day is just like college. He'll be able to e-mail and call more often. YES!!! We miss him terribly....

2 comments:

Heather Williams said...

Erika! Emmy is such a cute little girl. I wish I could see how she is in real life. Crazy that you are away from your husband. I wish the best of luck for you and hope time goes by quickly for you. I bet it's so nice to live with family so that your not alone. I think of you often and hope all continues to go well.

Unknown said...

Holy smokes, Emmy is getting so big and grown-up looking! How crazy. Congrats Riley on finishing basic!! I hope the time flys by for you Erika, I really do. You are a super woman!