Wednesday, February 9, 2011

To Run or Not to Run? Is it even a question?!!!!

Last year along with my sister and bro.-in-law I ran/jogged in the Idaho Potato race. I did a 10k. I accidentally stopped training two weeks prior so it was a hard race, but fun. For whatever reason, this year I have decided to do a half marathon ! I wanted to get inspired so I looked up some quotes about running. Here's what I found:

" It's unnatural for people to run around the city streets unless they are theives or victims. It makes people nervous to see someone running. I know that when I see someone running on my street, my instincts tell me to let the dog go after him."

" We can't all be heros because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by."

"I run so my goals in life will get bigger instead of my belly."

"Running is a mental sport...and we're all INSANE!"

"Life is short...and running makes it seem longer."

"Jogging is very beneficial. It is good for your legs and your feet. It's also good for the ground. It makes it feel needed."

"The trouble with jogging is that by the time you figure out that you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back."

"Act like a horse. Be dumb, just run."

I feel so inspired.

5 comments:

the mortensen's said...

laughing my head off!!!!!!
p.s. how do you write in all those different colors?

Katie Wolfley said...

That is too funny! My sisters and I are running the great potato half too!

Kaylene said...

Johnny just told me that up until the 60's women were discouraged from running because doctors thought their uterus would fall out (true story). Since mine has a baby in it right now I'm not taking any chances. Good luck though.

April said...

That was hilarious! Thanks for making me laugh.

Melanie said...

Ha, ha, ha! So funny and kinda true. But they forgot to mention how great it feels to cross the finish line or to just run for no reason other than to feel the wind in your hair. Happy running!
PS. find a training plan online or I can email you my favorite one. Then you'll really be hard core.