Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Linz!!!























things i LOVE about Linz...

-she loved peeps
-she taught me how to dive off of the high dive...after patiently waiting for 20 mins at the end of the board with me
-she had great legs
-she had a visible four pack
-she never had anything mean to say about anyone,... unless you are the married guy who asked her out on a date
- she taught me how to make paper boats
- when i got a bad grade on a test she would by me chocolate milk
- she had hard, calloused hands from ALWAYS working so hard
-she was always the first to do something new. if it was awesome, she'd tell me about it
-when she was fasting she would spend at least five minutes spitting out all the water after brushing her teeth being sure not to swallow anything
-she loved shells and cheese with me
-every girl wanted to be her and all the boys wanted to date her
- she carried me piggy back on the ice after i fell on my crutches
-she always did everything 110%
-we almost got arrested together and laughed about it after the shock wore off
-i spilled purple finger nail polish on her mom's couch. she put masking tape over it and flipped the cushion
- we once thought we were drunk off of water
-she always gave people the benefit of the doubt, even the "ankle biters"
-she stretched out my favorite brown shoes and tried soaking them in water to get them to shrink back up. i still have those shoes
-she made green taffeta look good
-she congratulated me when i was fired from HONK'S
-when we thought we were drowning in the ocean getting sucked out farther and farther she pushed me toward the shore and said, "save yourself!"
-we talked for hours about nothing, anything and everything and did the same thing the next night
-when obnoxious, nerdy boys came over she fed them biscuits while i hid in my room
-she introduced me to AIDA
-in my eyes she was a professional at everything

I could go on and on, but for now i'll stop. i think about you everyday and sometimes hold Emmy just a little but longer because i know she was with you just a short time ago. Every time i make a four layered cake i will think of you.
i love you cuzin!!!!

9 comments:

Jeff and Aubry said...

Oh, Erika. That brought tears to my eyes. I didn't know Linz as long as you, but I knew her long enough to call her my friend and I miss her. She was one, amazing gal! Happy Birthday, Linz! If I knew how to play the guitar, I would put "Happy Birthday, Linz" in masking tape on a t-shirt and sing her a birthday song that I wrote myself. :) That's one of my favorite memories of Linz. Thanks for the sweet post, Erika. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

may I add to the list, just one, the day you called me to take you to the Dr. for your broken ankle I wore an ugly coat and she said it was "fashion suicide!" I still laugh about that. Awesome list,I miss her every day, see you soon!

April said...

Good list Erika! It made me laugh, you guys have the best stories.

Kaylene said...

Hilarious!

Jen Borup said...

I loved reading that and looking at the pictures. It's so great to have memeories like that. I pray that everyone sometime in their life has memeories made with someone like Linz.

Melanie said...

That just made my day! I love that girl! Oh, and of course I love you too!

Alicia said...

Thanks for the memories. Sigh.

Erika said...

Erika!! I can't believe you found me! I think about you and Linds all the time. Thank you for writing about her. I remember when we would go jump in the lake every December for the "Polar Bear Club" she was always the first one to jump in. LOVE YOU! I'm so happy we can stay in touch now!

Anonymous said...

love that girl.